- “I heard that the flu vaccine gives you the flu.” WebMD described that the injected flu vaccine contains a dead virus. The only type of vaccine that contains a living virus is the nasal spray. Even though it has the living virus, it uses a specially engineered strain that removes the mechanism of getting people sick.
- “I never get the flu.” Although individuals may boast of having excellent immune systems, the flu shot will help you protect others.
- “I have gotten the flu so many times—would it even be worth getting the vaccine?” There is always more than one strain of influenza spreading through the population. Only because you got the flu, it does not mean that you are protected against a different variation.
- “It’s already too late to get the flu vaccine.” It’s never too late to get the flu vaccine because the peak season is until late February. Therefore, you still should get the shot!
- “I can’t afford the flu shot.” You can call pharmacies, medical center, or clinics to find out how much the flu vaccine costs. Some places even offer flu shots for free. It just takes a little bit of research to find the right price for you!
- “I don’t know where to get the flu vaccine.” Again, you can get the flu vaccine at local pharmacies such as Walgreens or CVS.
We still have flu shots here at Valley Occupational Medical Center!!